Step 2: Build Up Your Blog
Once you have decided the domain name and web host, it is time to set up your blog website. It takes just a few minutes to register the domain and set up your blog. Go to BlueHost and head on to create a new blog.
1. After reaching on the BlueHost’s homepage, select the best web hosting offer by clicking on ‘Get Started Now’.
2. Now, choose a suitable plan from the available options of Basic, Plus, and Pro plans. New bloggers are recommended to choose ‘Basic Plan’ as it would serve them the best.
3. After clicking on the desired plan, you can now sign up with a new or an existing domain name. If you already have a registered domain name, enter it in the right-side box, otherwise, use the left box to register a new domain name for your blog.
4. In case, the domain name is unavailable, a list of similar names will be suggested to you by BlueHost. You can either choose one of them or try typing other names.
5. Once you have signed up with an available domain name, you will be taken to the registration page to fill up some details.
6. After completing the registration, you need to choose a hosting package and other options. The hosting package can be of 12, 24, or 36 months. You can select the package that best suits your blog. Uncheck all the other products as you can add them later whenever they are needed.
7. Once you have set up your account, go to the homepage and login to your account by clicking on the ‘login’ tab available on its top right corner. You need to enter the domain name and password entered during the registration process.
8. After successfully logging in to your account, you can now install WordPress, which is needed for your blog as a platform. You can select it by clicking on Install WordPress under the Website heading.
9. Now, you will be automatically taken to MOJO Marketplace to install WordPress. To get started, click on ‘Install’.
10. You need to select your domain and click on ‘Check Domain’ to successfully install WordPress on your blog.
11. Now, click on ‘Show Advanced Options’. Here, you can enter the Title or Name for your Blog along with the username and password. You can change everything later on except username. Make sure to note down your username and password so that you don’t forget them. After checking all the boxes, click on Install Now. It would take a few minutes to install WordPress.
12. You can view the credentials once the installation is complete. For this, click on View Credentials. You should note down this information as it is available only for 12 hours.
13. As soon as the installation completes, you will receive an email with your login details.
14. Now, you can move on to the next step to get a basic tutorial of starting your blog. Click here to go to Step 3.